Selecting a Seasonal Slip

Folks,

I'm planning on getting a seasonal slip on the east end of the lake. First choice was Olcott but there are none available now. They are available at Wilson and Oak Orchard. Wilson is several hundred dollars more, but it seems like the fishing in that area may be a little more consistant than Oak Orchard (at least early in the season). I'm also concerned about the security at the slip. Any thoughts about there better area to fish and security at these slips?

Thanks,

Doug

Folks,

I'm planning on getting a seasonal slip on the east end of the lake. First choice was Olcott but there are none available now. They are available at Wilson and Oak Orchard. Wilson is several hundred dollars more, but it seems like the fishing in that area may be a little more consistant than Oak Orchard (at least early in the season). I'm also concerned about the security at the slip. Any thoughts about there better area to fish and security at these slips?

Thanks,

Doug

What are you planning to fish for? I would consider the distance it is to each. Personally I would go with the closest marina unless you have to drive long distances in the boat to get closer to the fishing. Will the boat being closer to the fishing save you enough in boat fuel to offset the cost of the slip?

Figured I would put a couple of suggestions out there if you haven't thought of them yet.

What are you planning to fish for? I would consider the distance it is to each. Personally I would go with the closest marina unless you have to drive long distances in the boat to get closer to the fishing. Will the boat being closer to the fishing save you enough in boat fuel to offset the cost of the slip?

Figured I would put a couple of suggestions out there if you haven't thought of them yet.

It would definitely cost more in boat fuel to run to Wilson from Oak Orchard than the extra cost of being at Wilson

Search for McDonough marine and contact him. His number will be changed to a florida number until he comes back to town. The docks are in pretty bad shape, and the amenities suck but you would be right below the TimeOut II which has some pretty good chicken wings and beer.I think he's right around $50 per ft. for the season. You would have to get on a waiting list for Olcott.