Total Boated:

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS BOB AND I LAUNCHED AT THE GENNY AND AS FAR AS I COULD SEE WE WERE THE ONLY ONES TO LAUNCH. WE SHOT OVER TO A LITTLE PAST I BAY WHERE WE SET OUT 2 BOARDS RUNNING TWO RODS OFF EACH SIDE USING STICKBAITS. WE PROCEEDED TO TROLL EAST WITH A PEA GREEN IDEAL WATER AND A TEMP READING OF 36 DEGREES VARYING BY ONLA TENTHS OF A DEGREE. WE HAD A BROWN BOATED IMMEDIATELY. THERE WAS A PERFECT CHOP TO THE WATER TO KEEP THE FISH INTERESTED. BY THE TIME WE GOT TO WEBSTER WE HAD BOATED ABOUT A DOZEN BROWNS.SHORTLY AFTER WEBSTER WE HAD 3 QUICK HITS RESULTING IN ONE FISH. TO THIS POINT THE BIGGEST WAS ONLY ABOUT 6 POUNDS. I THOUGHT WE COULD GET INTO SOME BIGGER FISH AND WE SURE DID. EVERY STICKBAIT I PUT OUT TOOK FISH INCLUDING A GOBY PATTERN, GOLD WITH A BLACK TOP, LIME GREEN ORANGE BOTTOM WHITE SIDES BUT THE DOMINANT COLOR WAS ORANGE AND GOLD SIDES RAPALAS AND REBELS. SIZE DIDNT MATTER AS THEY TOOK SMALL TO MEDIUM. ALSO CHARTREUSE AND WHITE WAS HOT.I HAD NEVER TROLLED THIS FAR EAST BEFORE AND LOW AND BEHOLD THERES A POWER PLANT. WOW THAT LOOKS INTERESTING BOB LETS TROLL IN THERE AND SEE IF WE CANFIND SOME WARM WATER. WE FOUND 44 DEGREETEMPS AND THE RODS STARTED POPPING IT WAS TOTAL CHAOS. NOW IM SURE ARE SAYING BY NOW WHO IS THIS IDIOT NOT KNOWING HES IN RESTRICTED WATERS. WHO KNEW, OK I WAS ADUMB IDIOT FOR A DAY. THE FISH WERE LOADED IN THERE. WE DIDNT SPEND A WHOLE LOT OF TIME THERE BECAUSE OF THE WIND PICKING UP BUT WE GOT INTO SOME BIG BIG FISH WE BOATED ABOUT 8 FISH IN A SHORT TIME THE BIG ONE WEIGHING 20 POUNDS WHICH WE THOUGHT TO BE A STEELHEAD AND A BROWN OF 12 POUNDS A DECENT LAKER AND SOME LOST LARGE FISH. WOW WHAT A BLAST. WE ALSO TOOK ABOUT 4 FISH ON A RIGGER. SPOONS DIDNT WORK ALL STICKBAITS. ALL IN ALL WE BOATED 24 FISH OUT OF OVER 30 FISH ON. ON OUR WAY BACK WE WERE APPREHENDED BY THE BOARDER PATROL OOPS. THEY WERE REALLY COOL AND EXPLAINED TO US THE RESTRICTED. ALL BOB WANTED TO DO WAS BRAG ABOUT THE FISH. HE TOLD THEM WE BOATED A 20# FISH AND ALL 3 OF THEM SMILED. YES I KNOW I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO REPEAT. BUT IM GLAD I PLAYED IDIOT FOR A DAY. ITS SOMETHING THAT CAN NEVER BE TAKEN AWAY FROM ME. BY THE WAY IT TOOK BOB A GOOD 15 MINUTES TO LAND THE BIG GUY. AS WE ENTERED THE RIVER I SHOWED THE STEELHEAD TO SOME PEOPLE ON THE PIER YOU KNOW A LITTLE BRAGGING. WELL THE FISH SLIPS OUT OF MY HANDS OFF THE BACK OF THE BOAT AND INTO THE WATER AND AWAY HE SWAM HOOORAY. ITS ONE HELL OF A WAY TO START MY SEASON BUT I WOULDNT RECCOMEND THA YOU TRY IT HAAA HAAAA. SEE YOU ON THE WATER WAYNE. PLEASE CHECK OUT MY PREVIOUS POST WITH THE PICS TO SEE IF IM RIGHT WITH THE SPECIES IDENTIFICATION. WELL AFTER ALL IS SAID AND DONE IT TURNED TO BE A BROWNIE. I WEIGHED IT WITH 2 DIFFERENT SCALES AND IT WAS A SOLID 20 POUNDS. IM GOING TO BE BRAGGING FOR QUITE A WHILE.

====================

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

THERE ARE SOME MARKER BOUYS . YOU HAVE TO STAY ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOUYS WHICH IS DEPER WATER AND OUT OW THE WARM WATER TEMPS

Can you swing a board on the other side of the markers? haha

Great looking browns,what a way to catch and release though. :lol: Hope it survived. I think those agent were well aware of were you were and no harm done. (some like to fish too) ;)

Shows what a little temp.change can do to heat things up. Watch the boats come out of storage now!

Glenn

THERE ARE SOME MARKER BOUYS . YOU HAVE TO STAY ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOUYS WHICH IS DEPER WATER AND OUT OW THE WARM WATER TEMPS

Can you swing a board on the other side of the markers? haha

I was thinking the same thing :lol:

That's just more money being wasted. Its the Sheffif's job to patrol the nuke plant. The border patrol should be up on the St Lawrence to protect us from those mean nasty Canadians who try to get into our country illegally.

Not exactly true.....federal agencies, especially attached to the department of Homeland security absolutely have jurisdiction.....especially near the Nuke plant.....On top of that, the SD's boat is still shrink wrapped while the Customs/BP vessels are in the water.....

If they really wanted to, those agents could have put you guys through the ringer.....I'm not saying that I agree with the "Buffer Zone" but it is the rule out there and I really don't feel like being tied up for a period of time when I could be fishing.....

Angle....way to go on the Brownies.....Keep those reports coming....

Tight lines guys

That's just more money being wasted. Its the Sheffif's job to patrol the nuke plant. The border patrol should be up on the St Lawrence to protect us from those mean nasty Canadians who try to get into our country illegally.

Not exactly true.....federal agencies, especially attached to the department of Homeland security absolutely have jurisdiction.....especially near the Nuke plant.....On top of that, the SD's boat is still shrink wrapped while the Customs/BP vessels are in the water.....

If they really wanted to, those agents could have put you guys through the ringer.....I'm not saying that I agree with the "Buffer Zone" but it is the rule out there and I really don't feel like being tied up for a period of time when I could be fishing.....

Angle....way to go on the Brownies.....Keep those reports coming....

Tight lines guys

That is very true - and the fact is that this type of law enforcement professional (Easy going warning for first offense, able to tell the difference between a threat and otherwise) are an asset to their agency in my opinion.

Matt...exactly right.......I'm sure that those guys didn't want to go out there and stop them. However when there is a call ( I guarantee the Security company called in a breach ) then those agents were duty bound to respond and react.....

With the current state of affairs, I'm glad those agents are around......its nice to know that in the event of a real emergency ( a vessel going down for instance) there is another agency able to respond......tight lines......

Matt...exactly right.......I'm sure that those guys didn't want to go out there and stop them. However when there is a call ( I guarantee the Security company called in a breach ) then those agents were duty bound to respond and react.....

With the current state of affairs, I'm glad those agents are around......its nice to know that in the event of a real emergency ( a vessel going down for instance) there is another agency able to respond......tight lines......

Me too :yes:

Used to fish in front of Ginna all the time back in the day. That's actually where I first trolled with my buddy for browns in his 14' boat with oars and then a 7.5 merc on it (that I still have on my boat) and at night we would anchor right in front and hammer them all night long catching as many as 80+ trout in a single night along with some eyes on occasion. Damn terrorists ruined it :devil:

Great report angle :yes:

Angle-o-t-d...The security is a result of the 9/11 attacks. before that nuts happening. the warm water from there was always good spring and winter fishing. That is the Ginna nuclear power plant, one of the oldest continually operated nuclear power plants in the U.S., since 1970. The oldest? Oyster Creek (1969) in New Jersey.