Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Was wondering what you giys thought about fishing the piers now? A guy i met scuba dives the piers for lures said he has seen a ton of browns and steelies at the piers. Just figured I could get some other opinions.

Thanks, Hung

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

On the south shore, a light N or NW wind will push the mudline tight to the shore. Watch the NOAA site for wind direction. When the green water gets pushed in you can run into a school of Cohos that will make for unforgetable fishing. Usually you are going to get browns. Throw stickbaits, hot'n'tots, or spoons on one rod and a minnow under a bobber with a second rod.

I plan on casting cleos and j-7/9's and a rod with a minnow under a float. Just hope the waves dont get too crazy!!! I heard from a pier diver who collects all them snagged lures that the browns and steelies are out near the top. So I'm going to give it a shot!

Best lure for me the last few years casting is a Luhr Jensen Krockodile hands down over cleos.. Also when water is muddy,try a Rattletrap in Chart color, which has worked for me in the past. Don't be afraid to use bigger,brighter sticks w/ rattles in the stained water also.

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday i landed a 6lb rainbow off summerville pier at the end on an orange cleo. Mud line was right there at the end, tossed my cleo about 15 ft and let it sink for literally two seconds and then reeled it in in about two spins and boom! It felt nice!!! Too bad i cant post a pic on my phone

Best lure for me the last few years casting is a Luhr Jensen Krockodile hands down over cleos.. Also when water is muddy,try a Rattletrap in Chart color, which has worked for me in the past. Don't be afraid to use bigger,brighter sticks w/ rattles in the stained water also.

Shhh don't give up all the secrets....haha I too have had a lot better luck with the korcodile spoons. 2 weekends ago we stopped trolling to make a little breakfast and my buddy started throwing a Kroc and hooked up with a few smaller ones only 30' from the edge of the shore.

The water color was great yesterday off Summerville...Unfortunately, the fish did not like what I was throwing at 'em....I used a chartreuse chatterbait and yo-zuri crystal minnow...On Sunday afternoon off the same pier I caught a small brown on the crystal minnow...There is a ton of bait swimming around the piers so I guess you have to be lucky to get a strike...What a great day to be trying for one.......

Pops aka Pines

march_18_pier_brown.jpg