What does everyone think about the wind and wave forecast for this coming Sunday for Western Lake Ontario. I have no experience with Lake Ontario. I have fished Lake Erie many times and have a good handle on what the waves will be based on the wind forecast.

The wind and wave forecast for this Sunday is:

Sunday

Southwest winds 10 to 20 knots. Waves 2 to 4 feet.

I am going Sunday. It will be my first time on Lake Ontario in my boat. I am really looking forward to it. Just a little nervous about the wind forecast. I really wish it was 10 knots out of the South.........I would feel a lot better. I've been told that Ontario is not Lake Erie and waves don't get near as choppy.

Alot of times when they predict 2 to 4 ft seas with a S or SW wind you will see smaller seas close to shore and it gets bigger as you go out from shore. Most fishing at this time of year is within a few hundred yards of the beach so I would guess you can get out. If the wind comes around to more westerly direction it can get bumpy in a hurry. I plan for a first trip with my newly renovated boat this Sunday.

Current forecast is getting worse! :(

Saturday Night...South winds 10 to 15 knots becoming southwest. Waves 2 to 4 feet.

Sunday...Southwest winds 15 to 25 knots. Waves 5 to 7 feet

Depending on exactly where you are, and how much "bluff" or land coverage you actually have, it can get hard to crash near shore if it gets this windy and not sure what you will find in the way of fish, if the water is all turned up. IMHO

I was hoping to get out Sunday as well, with my 19foot grady, but am starting to think south end of Cayuga for landlock's might be better!

Be safe if you do go!

Watch out for them Lake O guys calling waves.. :lol:

Erie waves and Ontario waves are different..

I fished a scotty a few years ago out of wilson and they called 25-40 west wind 3 footers... :o

Always ask what size boat there fishing out of... ;)

A 20fter boat. will tell you 5-7 fters. and 40fter boat will say 2ft. or less :rofl:

MM

Did anyone go out of sodus today (saturday)? I live an hour away and am thinking of going sunday. How does the forecast look? I was out on 2/23 and did ok between the trailer park and maxwell, on firetiger and silver and black sticks. Are the fish still there? Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Current forecast is getting worse! :(

Saturday Night...South winds 10 to 15 knots becoming southwest. Waves 2 to 4 feet.

Sunday...Southwest winds 15 to 25 knots. Waves 5 to 7 feet

Depending on exactly where you are, and how much "bluff" or land coverage you actually have, it can get hard to crash near shore if it gets this windy and not sure what you will find in the way of fish, if the water is all turned up. IMHO

I was hoping to get out Sunday as well, with my 19foot grady, but am starting to think south end of Cayuga for landlock's might be better!

Be safe if you do go!

where can you get out on the south end of cayuga?

t falls was closed all week for construction thats why I asked for confirmation...... we launched out of treman and it was a real struggle with the 19 footer....got peached in the mud and had to used the ling net handle to put off the bottom in the canal

I'm thinking about heading out tomorrow morning just wondering were you are finding the wind and wave forecast on the internet. I see on weather.com that the wind is going to blow out of the west at 10mph, just wondering what that waves would be like near Mexico Pt. I got a 20ft grizzely and if it is going to be rough I don't feel like getting bang around. Thanks

I'm thinking about heading out tomorrow morning just wondering were you are finding the wind and wave forecast on the internet. I see on weather.com that the wind is going to blow out of the west at 10mph, just wondering what that waves would be like near Mexico Pt. I got a 20ft grizzely and if it is going to be rough I don't feel like getting bang around. Thanks

Here you go!

http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/raw/fz ... glf.lo.txt