Salvation Army Derby

I just found out today if your still not registered for the tourny you have time, You can drop off application at the Sal. Army till 7Pm Fri or put it in Barney's Mailbox at his house. As long as they have it prior to 7pm your good for Saturday.

Good Luck all- looks like we'll be bouncing pretty good Saturday w/ a good South breeze!

Mower

salderbybrownwethan.jpg

24CarpWJosh2.jpg

Well.............Time to give a little back to the board. Sorry for the delay, but here is the Brown we ended up with. It took top in the "odd" class at 11.8 lbs. My luck charm son is also in the photo. He's got the makings to be a real sportsman! Anyway, the real kicker is we got bumped off the lunker pool by 1ounce!!!!

We were not able to put the time in the derby that we wanted (about 7 hours for the weekend). We did'nt boat all that many fish, but one is all it takes ;) This was actually the first hit and fish I landed (via jig in 65 fow) on sat., about 8:45.

This year has been a he!! of a ride for me and my buddy Gordie (who took the top brown in the Red Cross derby). Check out the link, we're the scruff bags in the first photo, his Brown tipped the scales at 12.7 #'s.

http://www.stargazette.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 2/ARCHIVES

I'm a firm believer in getting the next generation into the outdoors via hunting and fishing. The photo of the carp is my city slicker nephew who has really taken to both fishing and hunting. He broke his rod catching that fish! Biggest fish ever in my boat at 24 #'s! Many kids have the desire, we just need to show them the way!

I have one ? for you all. The brown that I caught was a female with no clips. Does anyone know what strain it is? I have heard of some german strain and/or seferland (sp) strain?

Enough for now!, Chris

Here is the answer:

How does one distinguish Seeforellen Brown Trout from "German" Brown Trout? and do "German" and Seeforellen browns run at different times?

Seeforellens and "German" browns are different strains of the same species. Seeforellens can be distinguished by finclips, although only fish stocked in the Menominee, Kewaunee and Root Rivers are generally clipped. Differences in the time of spawning and age at maturity can also be used to distinguish each strain from the other, but physically the fish are very similar. The "German" or Domestic strain of brown trout may begin staging in harbor mouths for their spawning run beginning in July, with the majority of the run occurring in September and October. The spawning run for Seeforellens generally occurs in November and December. The age at which the fish matures is also a distinguishing characteristic of each strain, with the Domestic brown trout maturing at 2-3 years of age and the Seeforellen at 3-4 years. This later age of maturity in the Seeforellen usually allows for greater growth before their first spawning.

Split - thanks for posting that - could you e-mail it to me?? [email protected].

LR - that fish was actually jumping 'bout the time I grabbed the rod, up from 75' :shock: , I thought for sure it was on the slider, but it must have rocketed right up as soon as it was hooked. Nice fight, a couple of strong runs and some aerial acrobatics.

DAN