Hot Lure: Yellow and Orange Chartruese Thunderstick

Trolling Speed: 1.9-2.1 GPS

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 10-12 fow

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Headed out just after 8:30 and trolled to early afternoon. Hot spot was 10-12 fow at the small bluff just a qtr mile east of the Ginna Plant. Water was all stained color and generally was warmer as you got closer to the power station (like duh). 8 out of the 10 hits (7 boated) were in front of that bluff....two hits were down closer to bear creek itself. The hot lure was undoubtedly the Yellow and Orange stickbait (pic included) and 9 hits came on that same lure....I had two of these and ran one 60 foot back off the rigger, 5 feet down and ran the other on a flat line 150+ feet back. Both produced fish. The one lone other hit was on a similar yellow stick bait with some orange in it. I ran a fire tiger and a solid orange thunderstick for 2 + hours at other times over the same water and not a hit!!! Wind really started to kick up after noon, but direction did not matter....fish were hitting trolling east or west....all that mattered was 10-12 fow at that bluff. Trolled out in more 13-17 foot and NOTHING. Really kind of wierd. Talked to another guy that went 20-24 or something like that, trolling cleos over that same area. I saw people boating fish all morning and early afternoon in that area. All in all it was a good day. Pictured below are a 7lb and 10lber...along with a couple 4lbers that are now in the freezer or eaten for dinner tonight!!! All in all.... GOOD DAY!~

10_lb_brown.jpg

7lb_brown.jpg

4_lb_browns_for_dinner.jpg

hot_lure.jpg

Thank you for including details about your trip. This was a helpful report for all us ameteurs. I am heading out St. Patty's Day from Hughes.

Tom