Finally got out Sunday evening, it stated with a little drama as we backed up and found no boat, the marina owner moved it to a deeper slip. Talking about shallow water, you should see how low the black river is!!!! It will be a slaughter for the snaggers…I mean fly fisherman.

Anyhow we head out and I finally did it, yes, for get the fly box. Fortunately, I keep some stuff in my bead bag, had one icicle fly, two 25 year old squid bodies, a squeechi and a twin spin.

The weather was nice but the wind picked up in the evening, not many boats and we appreciated them buzzing us as they went in. There was a good current too.

We fished the trench deep and shallow and did not mark much other than small suspended fish but not salmon, they were in the mud which was apparent by their red dirty bellies when we brought them in. Wow, did they fight and fly, they where shaking like crazy and even jumping. The one I brought wanted to stay on the bottom then acted like a fresh fish at the boat. Might have to ditch my 20lb leaders, they took a beating.

We went 2 for 5, did two on a green glow lyman close to the bottom (that is hard with all the crap down there) on a rigger, our dipseys did not fair so well, the icicle fired but I was lazy and just tied up a single treble, not snelled, we had a screamer on and it came off and we pulled in a tangled back word hook. The other dipsey fired and now there is a king out there with a green splatter squid, an atomik rattle and two super glow beads.

Jut an observation, all the fish we have caught in the trench so far have been males.