Species Breakdown:Browns

Hot Lure: Fire tiger Smithwick and Jointed 9size Rapala clown

Trolling Speed: 1.9-2.5

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 6-18

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Ran 4 sticks off boards and 2 spoons off dwn riggers most of the morning. Wasn't getting a spoon bite so we spread the boards and ran 6 sticks. The hits went in spirts with long no bites in between. Ended with 5 cookiecutters "17inchers" and a 23incher. 23 incher was on a gold Storm. Lost one at the boat that still has my #9 jointed rapala clown. We ran 100ft leads with 12lb P-line 50ft leaders. Only caught one in clear water. The rest were in stained water. Nice day! I needed to get back on The Big O in a bad way.

====================

browns12_002a.jpg

browns12_006a.jpg

browns12_012.jpg

The Spread

browns12_019.jpg

These should make for a nice batch of Musky Bob's Brownsugar cured adirondack grilled trout topped with Buckboardjr's honey, lime, mint, tropical fruit salsa. Oh Yahhhh

Steelhead_meal_002b.jpg

Should look a little something like this Steelhead meal from last month

WTG Cuz , just saying if you did the brown-sugar deal that I told you about I got that from the Lodi-Park guy he called it his adirondack landlock samon on the grill !!!!! Not to take any thing away from M.Bob he's has some great recipes on here !!!! :yes::clap:

nice report, looks like you could use some more rod holders. I see in the pic the rods sitting in the back of the boat.

Sunday morning while sending out a lure, a fish hit off the boards and the guy just layed the rod down with the tip out the side. and grabbed the rod with the fish on it. A nice sized brown hit the lure he was sending out, it was only 10-12 feet behind the boat, I thought it was going to break the rod in half, but it spit the lure first.

Thaks

Capt. Dave

Capt. Dave

Thanks for the warning I appeciate it. If you look a little closer you will see those rods are in holders mounted at a 45* angle back and are usually used for flatlines but being I had rods from 8ft 6in down to 6ft 6in, if a 8fter made it to the inside release on the planer tow line, I put them down there so the short more outboard poles would go over them during a release.

Ed.

Sorry about the misappropriation of credit. Lodi Park Guy Thanks for that Brwn sugar recipe on L. Ls.

Ed.

Sorry about the misappropriation of credit. Lodi Park Guy Thanks for that Brwn sugar recipe on L. Ls.

I don't know for sure , just that he called it adirondack andlock samon. If Musky Bob see's this post and he is the man who put togather the

adirondack
style of cooking or cookbook it would be from him...................just sying don't know for sure just that that guy was a cook also at one time !!!!! :bandit:

Love the photo along the bluff. Have seen that spot about a million times and can't wait to see it again. With the weather we've been having, I hope the water isn't boiling when we make our trip in late April.

Keep those pics and reports coming. I'm counting the days...