ibay - west of genny 3/18

Another very informative report Scott :lol: Thanks since I can't get ouit because of my stupid knee whenever I see one of your reports I don't feel so bad. "Kinda" offsets the 20 for 25 reports I kept reading :yes:

I would like to blame rob since he picked the first set of lures, but I picked the next. I never saw a net lifted either out of maybe 15-20 boats. The water out of the genny was 54 degrees! Someone must of caught something.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

The perch fishing in I-Bay was outstanding! Saw a couple of browns splash around in there, and Steve had one chase his perch minnow to the boat yesterday. This is a strange, strange year...

Went out of the river also. Ran down to just b4 Russel. Put 4 boards out and immediatly hooked up. While bringing in first fish 2nd inside planer fires. Boated a 4-5lb smallmouth and similar size brown. Worked down to Round pond. Pulled lines and ran to where first hooked up. Proceeded to troll all the way to the mouth of I-bay only boating 1 more brown. Possibly a couple short hits that were missed. Water looked the best just west of the bay but didn't hook up in there. Packed it in at 1130am

Got the boat in the water and turned the key, dead battery!! Thanks to the guys who gave me a jump to get going. Set up east of the Genny and fished east for a while with nothing happening. Turned back towards the west and hooked up with a coho in 22 fow right off the river mouth. This would be the program the rest of the morning. Every pass took a fish in the same spot. Landed 4 browns and the one coho. Beautiful day out there but the fishing was slow. All sticks off the boards, 1rigger hit on a smithwick rouge which was the coho.

George told me someone was waving at us, but I can't see very well at distances. Did you wind up putting anything in the boat? East of the river the water was a bit dirty, but the water west of the Genny looked great and I thought we were in for a good day. It seems that everyone out had the same kind of day.

We got nothing Joe. We were thinking of trolling north off the river when we passed it. Kept going east instead. Oh well, I'm getting this bad mojo out of the way early this year!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

A note on the river.....it is STUFFED with bait right now...all species all sizes....niagaras, 4-7" alewifes, and large smelt. Casted off the pier yesterday and saw gulls picking the big alewifes out of the river. A guy coming off did 3 browns on cleos right in the river (makes sense bait=browns.) Along the pier and rocks, schools of niagaras are all over. A few smelt were caught by a guy fishing worms off the end of the pier. Everything is showing itself at once and is one of the reasons for the lack of bite recently I have to believe....