Proper three way drift for the Bar

Hey guys I just wanted to clarify this once and for all. I was at the Niagara Bar the other day and we drifted three way rigs. Now we were in the proper location and we had all the right equipment but I caught three trout and my buddy hooked and lost three. However one boat in particular, a red Lund with a huge optimax motor was slamming them on the exact drift we were on. Now what the heck! I thought the mechanics of the drift were to point the bow into the current and drop the three way straight down. Then when you come from 70 to 20 the weight moves up by reeling meanwhile the current pushes the minnow cause its lighter behind the weight. So in essence the minnow is the first thing the trout sees cause they face into the current. So basically the minnow is ,behind the boat if you consider the bow into the current, behind the bottom tapping weight and its the first of all the objects the trout sees. Is this correct??

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

That's good, nor do I want him to as his business would suffer however, I would love to know simply how to properly fish the three way rig on the Bar. If anyone has any info please please help

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

The trolling motor up front really helps you stay directly over your bait to feel the bottom ticking the weight and when fish hit. Keep in mind lakers live a long time and have been caught before. If you are feeling a "tick" and you check your bait only to find it missing you may have to add a cheater hook to the back of the minnow. I have found most of my fish come on that back hook.