Round Goby Port of Oswego

This may seem like an odd question but is there any place in the area of the port of Oswego where I can easily catch a Round Goby? I'm heading up there for a salmon trip in May and wanted to stop and try to catch a goby. I'm trying to catch as many species of fish as I can.

PM Muskybob here on the board. If anyone can give you some good tips he would be the man. ;)

MUSKYBOB on here but also known in Oswego area as "MUST -GO-B-FISH_-BOB " he's the man you wanna talk with. I encourage you to send him a PM ;)

He's a legend even has been known to do seminars at BP in Auburn.

small hook, small minnow. put it on the bottom... you got your goby. it should take about 5 seconds.

Thanks for the serious response, its appreciated. I didn't know that this site doubled as a comedy club too :clap: .

I figured the lake was infested like the rest but wasn't sure, thats why I asked.

Thanks for the serious response, its appreciated. I didn't know that this site doubled as a comedy club too :clap: .

Relax & enjoy deftik . Great crew here for giving & sharing info as well as a few comedy burps along the way. :lol:

Welcome aboard.

BOB, SHOULD I BE CALLING YOU GOBY BOB? HOW AND WHERE DO I SIGN UP FOR THE GOBY SEMINAR AT BASS PRO?

Yup, our friend Finders Keepers is putting it on. He will even show you how it's done in his tournament boat! :lol:

Its more of a browns/salmon bonus trip, thanks for the heads up though.

I kinda figured it would be taken as a stupid question, but since I've only ever once fished Ontario back in 05' I wasn't sure, so I figured I'd ask. Thanks guys.

Its more of a browns/salmon bonus trip, thanks for the heads up though.

I kinda figured it would be taken as a stupid question, but since I've only ever once fished Ontario back in 05' I wasn't sure, so I figured I'd ask. Thanks guys.

Nah, It wasn't a stupid question at all. The guys are just havin a little fun & are gettin Spring fever to get outside & fish. Welcome to the site deftik. Hope you enjoy it here. ;)

• 2 months later...

For the inquiring minds we put in a 16hr day of fishin 8 on the lake 8 on shore. On the lake we easily limited out of lakers with some browns mixed in and headed deep for some futile salmon fishing. I got to see first hand how stupid my question was I had about 40-50 round gobys from shore with rock bass up to 1lb mixed in, some nice Sunnies, gills, perch, bullheads, and log perch mixed in as well. Thanks guys!

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png