Hot Lure: Michigan Stinger Chicken Wing & Orange Tranny

Trolling Speed:gps 2.1 mph

Down Speed: unknown

Boat Depth: 15 fow eastbound, 25 - 30 fow westbound

Lure Depth: 12 ft

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Water flat & perfectly clear, could pick out a pebble at thirty feet and nothing on sonar all day.

Both fish were in 25 fow, trolling westbound between Webster Park and Shipbuilders. Brown that took starboard chicken wing was foul hooked on outside of mouth and collected half our gear before it threw the hook at the side of the boat, as we tried to net it. Biggest I've seen so far (I'm new) - same size as a 20lb Chinook I caught last year. The one we boated was a shaker we found as we pulled lines for the day. Stickbaits did nothing all day.

I'll take it for a shakedown cruise on a 77 degree March 18th.

funny how similar your report was to my experience. thanks for the report. i caught nothing on a 3 hour run and saw almost nothing on sonar. made my run this evening in the same area. when i saw how clear the water was, i knew it was going to be tough...

Did a afternoon trip,got on the water about 3:30 pm, headed east, had good color and set up before the first point, fished 10-12 fow past the point, ran out of colored water, turned out into 25fow and headed west, hooked up twice lost one landed a short brown throw it back. We moved past the lighthouse to get away from the on shore thunder storm. The water looked good but no hits.Pulled lines at sun down. Sure got cold in a hurry. Oh the hits came on sticks. :) .

I was out in the same area on Sunday morning as well. We came out of I-Bay and headed east towards Webster. The water temp was 43.8 degrees almost the entire way (12' - 20' FOW).

This was actually my first time trolling for browns or any trout ever, and I was shocked to see how clear the water was. Everything that I had read for tips suggested finding muddy water and anywhere that the water temp was warmer than the surrounding areas. I couldn't find either yesterday as it was gin clear and within 2/10's of a degree no matter where I went ... LOL.

We did go 1 for 1 boating a small 4 lb brown. It was the first time in my new boat, so I was just happy to be out there and learning. I learned a lot, including the need for a properly set drag, and for non-plastic rod holders (broke one when a lure got snagged on the bottom). I guess I expected the 10 lb flouro leader to fail before my rod holder did.

It sounds like we weren't the only ones who struggled to find them Sunday morning.

Last year was banner because of all the runoff keeping the water colored through mid-May. This year is likely to be clear water and slim pickings. We chose to fish perch in the Bay rather than troll. The first couple of days after a NE blow should light them up, and if the weather continues like this, we'll have >60F inshore and the browns will be in their summer haunts by May :o

I'm surprised to here the clear water reports, Sunday afternoon I found green water from the lighthouse east to and past the first point, not a long way past it, also green west of the lighthouse. I had temps.from 45 to 48degs. The average temp. was 46.5, my temp.gauge may not read the same as wny Tony but I still found two deg, changes west of the bay. No hookups west of the Bay. :( .