Non-ethanol gas

I was in Oklahoma City a couple days ago and there is NON ethanol on almost every corner. Seems that the preponderance of older cars that last longer from the south has a force in the market. Hope we can get a better voice to our stations and get more non ethanol

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

This is the driving force behind fastrak having it. They were waiting until the tanks were empty to begin carrying it, and that should be within the next 60 days. Older carbed 350's with expensive 4 barrel carbs dont care for ethanol either.

I was in Oklahoma City a couple days ago and there is NON ethanol on almost every corner. Seems that the preponderance of older cars that last longer from the south has a force in the market. Hope we can get a better voice to our stations and get more non ethanol

This is the driving force behind fastrak having it. They were waiting until the tanks were empty to begin carrying it, and that should be within the next 60 days. Older carbed 350's with expensive 4 barrel carbs dont care for ethanol either.

And, many of the older 4.3L Chevy-based engines in boats use a 2-bbl carburetor, like mine. There are plenty of carburetor-fed boats on the water these days. Not to mention all the older outboards that still use carburetors. I know it is just a matter of time before we all start seeing issues. I carry a few fuel/water seperator filters onboard and do change them throughout the season, just to be safe.

Ethanol has caused problems with fuel injected outboards too like my yammy saltwater OX66. it has messed up the 3 low pressure fuel pumps rubber diaphragms and the vapor separation tank screen gets white residue all over it if sits for more than 60 days. Engine starts starving for fuel.

Mark

I'm going to test some of the gas, just to be sure.

http://autofuelstc.com/autofuelstc/pa/ethanoltest.html

:beer::beer:

OHHHH, ANOTHER THOUGHT!....wonder if you could take the water/ alcohol mix that came off the bottom of the gas can and put it in a copper still and render it down to good whiskey with a little flavoring of peach or other fruit. Then there would be no waste. Buy your still here http://www.coppermoonshinestills.com/

:yes::devil::angel::bandit::tmi::drink::drink::drink::shake::nod::happy2:

ut oh what happened to my little brain cell? :thinking::drunk:

Good idea, whiskey! :beer::beer:

Not a good idea unless your motor can run on lower octane. When you drain the water and alchol mixture off you lower octane. Best to find a station that sells none ethanol fuel and pay the extra buck a gallon. My dad runs non ethanol in his car and gets 3 mpg better fuel milage. There are websites that give the locations that sell it. Remember the law allows gas companys to use it. They are not mandated to use it. Its all about profit margins. Ethanol is cheaper! Wes

• 2 weeks later...

As of today, Fastrak has begun to switch the 93 octane unleaded tanks over to non ethanol fuel. They say that this will take time, and hope to have all stations switched over by the end of May. So keep an eye on the fastraks.

As of today, Fastrak has begun to switch the 93 octane unleaded tanks over to non ethanol fuel. They say that this will take time, and hope to have all stations switched over by the end of May. So keep an eye on the fastraks.

Thats great, I think it makes sense, because of the cost of high octane fuel and the relative lack of need for it in most of todays engines, and 93 is no big improvement on 87 octane anyway. It still is too low for collectors or high compression engines not to mention it still has power robbing alcohol in it with all the bad aspects still there. cost, well who is gonna buy it, last time I checked there wasn't a Corvette in everyones drive.

Here's a good one. In my travels one day I noticed the price of 93 octane way lower than 87 at several different stations. My guess is it sat and was spoiling faster than selling it. This was in Iowa, with all the corn?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have heard that Fastrak will soon carry super unleaded fuel without ethanol. If that happens and I see it I will toss up a post to let yall know

I just sent them two e-mails will post if I get a answer back !!!!!! :yes:

No reply and when I was at the OVID one the other day I didn't see any........!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On my way home from Sodus I noticed that Fastrack on rt 104 in Ontario near the Tops market has a sign out for "Ethanol Free Premium now available". Didn't catch the price.

If you're in Sodus Arneys has ethanol free gas now.

Yep....More and more gas stations and marinas are starting to offer non ethanol fuel which is a great thing! This should stop the panicking on here about so called "mandates" to get rid of non ethanol fuel.