hds 5 StructureScan vs Humminbird 798ci SI

kchamp

which is a better unit, is the structure scan worth the money or not, I see 798 has side and down imaging and Lowrance has structure scan. Would you see more have the down and side imaging or is it the same as the Lowrance. The prices are almost the same 798 is $750.00 and the Lowrance is $850.00.

The hds is always upgradeable. I don't think the bird is unless u get a 900 series. But both are great units. I had tour same question about 7 months ago. I was scared about lowerance customer service. But I went with the hds gen 2 . I am using it with a airman p66 ducer

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

why did you change the transducer to airman p66? I like the Lowrance that I can use it on the ice too but was wondering if the side scan and down imaging gave a lot better picture than the structure scan. I have the Lowrance 520c right know

Check out what Hummingbird has coming out with the 360 degree imaging. You would supposedly see everything 150 feet away from you in all directons. That includes objects 150 feet in front of you. I'm sure at first it may be pricey at first, but it sure looks cool.