canadice?

can anyone tell me where the launch is on canadaice and hemlock. this year I downsized to a 7.5hp motor so I can fish these lakes during open water with the small boat it might be a nice place to go for iffy weather as seneca can get a llittle rough for me real easy plus i love the lack of development. I used to fish canadaice in the winter for pickeral but that was 10 years ago.

For Hemlock you can pull down a dirt road right in front of the Water treatment facility and follow that down to launch. For Canadice just follow the lake on Canadice rd and you will see a sign then just look for an opening in the trees. My first 2 trips down there i blew by it. There are no docks so launching can be tricky since you cant touch the water. I push it down my trailer holding a rope then climb back to shore and pull the bpat in. Its a pain in the A$$. It is so worth it though. Just cruising arund with no docks or housing.

Anybody hitting trout in the shallows? Thinking bout making the run out there tues or thurs next week.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

have not been out yet Rippin.

Wear wadders when you luanch your boat, you can walk right in and detach the rig if you need to. My boat is a little big and heavy for this launch the waders are a must!!

i only have a 14 footer but my trailier is from the 1960s and is very high off the gound its a single axel that goes all the way across so the boat has to sit over it makes it fun but the boat is small enough that I can man handel it when theres no launch dock. I'm going tomarrow afternoon if the weather isnt conducive to fishing lake O for browns I may go to one of these lakes instead of seneca

I have a second home on Canadice Lake Rd. talked to a young man this week fishing in front of my house and he said they were catching a lot of trout in the shallows.

@ ifishy, there's a launch @ the northeast end of the lake on Canadice Lake Road! please be safe, keep the lake clean and don't catch all my fish lol

I like you already Rippin! you know Canadice is worth it. nothing better than a beautiful, barely touched, small lake with nothing but nature staring you in the face....keep it beautiful and email when you're around for a beer and barbeque on the lake on me!

Vettman, i hit hemlock the other day. Managed a 10 to 11 pound Bow that I let my buddy take on. It was his first trout ever. He smiled the rest of the trip and way home. And i will completely take you up on that offer. May hit it canadice or hemlock on sunday depending on family easter stuff.

vettman dont worry to much about me catching all your fish. my daughter is allergic so I have to be real careful about bringing them home and as a result keep even fewer than I used to. Last year I kept LL out of seneca once and one brown out of Lake O. I switched to a 4 stroke honda 7.5hp which seems to be much cleaner than the oll 66 johnson 40hp i had runs better two which is why i switched. I always feel out of place in my little 14 footer with homemade planer boards and mast fishing 6 rods on with all second hand equimpment that has been re-engenered to fit the boat. trolls suprisingly well but definatly unique