South of Stony Point Light House 8/28/07

Well, we made the final trip out of Henderson for the year, what a way to end the year up there. Dad and I took my two little ones out and we had a great day on the water. Headed south of the light for a few miles down off Lakeview Marsh and Southwick beach. The fish were in 72-85 fow, and wanted the flies and paddles we had to offer. Started out with a double, dipsey rod fired right after I put it at 225' on a #3, with a Chrome Echip and Hammer fly, ended up with a 20lb king for my daughter. A rigger rod fires 1 minute after the dipsey fired and Dominick is into his first ever salmon at 5 years old. His fish came on a White Echip with a ATOMMIK mirage fly down 73', ended up being a nice 25 lb king. We set up shop again and about and hour later the rigger rod fires, with a Green Echip/ and a Skein Machine fly down 63', less than a minute later the dipsey fires with a Chrome/green Spin Dr with an ATOMMIK packer fly out 225'. Bryn handled her fish, a nice 24 lb hen, which was released for another day. Dominick could not handle his fish this time, so he had to hand it off to Bryn, but she was still tired from her fish. Grandpa came in a gave a hand for a few minutes before we let Bryn finish it out with a nice 25lb Buck, that was released also. We missed a third release while all this was going on, so it was almost a triple. We missed 2 more fish after that before the final fish of the day came as we were picking up. That fish also came on the Green Echip/ SkeinMachine fly. That fish ended up being the big fish of the year so far, at approx 27lbs, but not big enough for the board so after the pic it was set free.

Another friend was 6 for 14 in the same area on pretty much the same rigs, except he was running meat also.

Here are the pics that are on the still camera, will get some more later from the video.

The first double of the day and we are off:

100_1317.jpg

Here is the last fish of the day, which also had a big Lamprey on it, which is now fish bait:

100_1318.jpg

Here is the first 2 we got in the am, the big one is Dominick's first king:

100_1320.jpg

Good Luck guys, I will be out of Mexico or Oswego for the rest of the year.

Rich

Thanks guys, I am very proud of my PrOAm Team in traing. LOL They did a great job, I have heard more whining out of grown men due to arms hurting than I did with my little troopers. Good Luck to all and get those kids out there.

Rich

That is awesome Rich, I took my daughter out twice and she did not have much fun. Guess she takes after her mother.

I will have to try Daughter #2 when she gets old enough.

Just make sure you don't let them wake you up to go, My dad did that once when I was 14, he said wake me up when you are ready, we got half way to the boat launch before he checked his watch, HA HA HA, it was 1230AM, hey I couldn't sleep.

good luck this weekend.

Brian