Total Hits: 7

Total Boated:7

Species Breakdown: 6 browns, 1 king

Hot Lure: spoons and sticks

Trolling Speed: 1.8-2.5

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 6-20

Lure Depth: 3-13

==================== What a pleasant surprise. While setting our fifth rod we took a rip off the board. It seemed very large but I was surprised when we boated a 20# King ( first of the year I've heard of in this area). She was a bit dark and full of eggs. We also managed to catch 6 small browns. One again the fish weren't concentrated and we covered lots of water picking a few here and a few there.

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

lo_004.jpg

Copy_of_lo_001.jpg

Congrats on the King no matter what the deal is. As wierd as it is, Paul, a couple years ago I organized a large multiple boat trip in the Niagara and one of the boats got a King like that. Fairly chrome, mature ripe eggs but tight in the skein, about the size of that one. Took a minnow but it was on the stella drift IN the Niagara river at this time of year.

im new to this spring king season. how long is the season and is there a large number that will be coming in to the east side shore?

The Spring King season on the EAST end of the lake is 1 day long and you missed it. Gotta wait until June, July, and August for the east end to start getting good. Go WEST young man :lol: