NEW RIDES

seasquirrel

Lets see the new rides that people have recently purchased. Also, lets see the boats that people have but never posted pics of. I know of TWO people on the famous RED DOCK alone who purchased new rides this year? Hook N Up Al and ON THE LAMB, we are waiting...... I have to find a new ride because my tub is going to look like a old jon boat compared to these two beauties.

IMG00135_20110821_2024.jpg

By no means is it new- 1978 Silverton Convertible. Inherited from an Uncle that passed away and had to keep the boat in the family.

I fished this boat for many years out of Bridgeport CT with my Uncle, Dad and brothers. He passed away and left it to us boys. My brothers and I made the Hudson/canal trip last summer on her and then got to work getting her back into mechanical shape and LO fishable. Interior is spacious, lots of teak and in pristine condition. Exterior needs some tlc to the fiberglass and I have refinished all the teak and added all the usual toys for salmon fishing. Twin Chrysler 318s were purring by the time she was put away after many hours in last summers heat working on them. All worth it though as I know my Uncle is smiling as I share this.

What did you get Pete?

Greg, I got a 97 330 sea ray express. 34x13.6. One owner Lake George boat. 220 hrs on 7.4 mercs. Westbeke genset. Naked boat. It only had a vhf. Hank installed my electronics and did an outstanding job. I would recommend him to anyone. Im working on a rocket launcher arch, rod holders and riggers. Wont be long now.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I rescued this 84 28' Trophy last August. She had been left for dead after not being winterized a few winters ago, cracking the block and heads. We put a used 350 Chevy in her last year and had a few successful outings. All systems (outdrive, washdown, electrical, head) and the stringers/bulkheads seemed to still be in good shape. I purchased a bunch of used Big Jon equipment and updated electronics over the winter, and was able to get everything mounted and in working order last week. Total investment less than 5k. Lot of boat for the money! Hopefully we will get another shot of nice weather soon!

~Dave

0325021826.jpg

0325021827.jpg

Here are a few pics from november when we brought her home. The last pic is while working on it. and now she's all ready to go, but I have no pics of her yet as she's still in the barn. I have my homemade lure organizers mounted on both sides and the transom, the raymarine sonar in the back so i can see the depth of the weights when setting lines, Lowrance HDS-8, FishHawk X4, and Raymarine Radar all in front, and most importantly the NEW King Slammin' Decal for the transom. It's a family fishing machine.

1126110729.jpg

1129111521a.jpg

0301121430.jpg

• 2 weeks later...