fishing fairhaven

hey all will be at lake o on april 22/23/24/and 25 hoping the weather is good what is my best bet trolling boards ??? I have fished sodas point but never fished out of fairhaven ..any help would be appreciated as i am in the blind have a great season and thank you all :( and what is the best way to head out of the park and any huge bolders i need to watch out for

Go out the shoot and fish to the right from the shoot through the bluffs. I have only fished it once. I understand there are bolders to the left of the shool allong the shore for some distance.

From the chute head East and fish all the bluffs all the way to Moon Beach. There is a creek that dumps in just before that. look for stained/warmer water. if you hit nothing there head West and fish from Blind Sodus Bay towards "7" sisters. again you have to look for warm stained water. depending on the weather and the temperatures dont be afraid to fish anywhere from 5-30 FOW

To the west of the shoot there is a shoal right after the campground in 6-8 foot of water. It comes up so fast you will lose tackle there. I know my brother and I have lost tackle there a lot over the years. Bout time gave two good places to start. Another is the beach area at the state park. Usually good until the boat traffic moves them out.

Good advice given. I do not have the coordinates but East of the chute along the bluffs I was almost deposited on a huge boulder by a wave 2 years ago, pretty scary moment. I should have marked it on the GPS. We will be out there 19-22 April, give me a shout, hopefully I will have something positive to report.

Their is some BIG boulders!! I hit one near east bay...just east of sodus point last spring. Must have been 9 ft tall in 10 ft of water. Lifted the front of my boat out of the water and completely stopped me from 2.0 mph trolling speed. I think all the bluffs are areas to be extra careful.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

thank you all good advise and caution always seems to be the word of the day on ontarie just not alot of fun getting a hole in the boat after driving 1000 miles for sure ..always a plusure to get advise from those that work the lake thank you once again and as always have a great season ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Run sticks off boards 150' back. I've had good luck both East and West of the chute. Early mornings 8-12 FOW, then move out to 15-25 FOW as the sun gets higher. Water temps in the 50's are best. You can sill get them in gin-clear water - use fluoro leaders and natural color baits (black/silver, blue/silver, green/silver). There's a good chance of stained water early next week - we've got rain in the forecast and stiff NNW winds over the weekend. I like brighter colors in the stained water.