just a reminder,when launching boats

CHAMP99B

I live across from the state boat launch on the oak....i have seen two boats come off there trailers with out reaching the water,both i/o's...costly mistakes,keep the front hook on the boat before it reaches the water.....enough said....maybe i should start taking movies and posting on "you tube"nahhhhhh thats embarrassing....fish safe/have fun

Buddy of mine sank his pickup truck a number of years back. Didn't have a working emergency brake and the board keeping the brake pedal down popped loose.

I'd pay good money for video of it.

We use to take a case of beer & go down and sit by the launch on Memorial Day just to watch the first timers . Saw a car go into the water up to the windshield. The guy left the car in rev. Saw another guy with a cig. boat & matching truck all color matched yelling at the cute blonde he called a dumb bi%#h because the boat would not come off the trailer, he (mocho man) forgot to take the back tie down straps off ! We had a lot of laughs. :lol:

yup, having an old piece of crap truck with a standard tranny and no good emergency brake with a wore out engine and no compression to hold in gear really makes for some bunghole tightening, specially when the vacuum booster leaks off and the brake pedal s l o w l y sinks to the floor.....HELP!...(my buddy Art's truck...not mine)

Mark

I have pictures of a guy that ripped the axels off his trailer at the Irondequoit bay launch one fall when the water was low. He was not happy with me taking pictures of the outcome. I also watched a guy drop a 22' Starcraft aluminum boat on the ramp at the same launch.

Wow, that brings to mind a trip to Oswego years ago ,I had some factory Reps. setting up new machines in my department and one thought he would like to go out on the lake with me so that evening after work we went out and fished till dark,I think we got a few laker's that made him happy. I had an old Dodge van, pretty rusted out but ran good,I backed the trailer in and loaded the boat on,I was standing on the tongue and the van started rolling :( , my partner ran like hell and got in and stopped the van before the water went over the seat. Some one was good enough to pull it out for me :). My partner said he wouldn't tell anyone, sure, I got to work the next day and the guard on the gate started laughing. I knew he couldn't keep it quit, it was to funny to see all the beer cans floating out of the holes in the box. The next day I went out and bought a new truck. :lol::rofl: .

It can happen to the best of us. I had a buddie that threw a wheel chock under his front tire as soon as he got out to load & unload his boat. The boat was heavier than the car. The chock had a rope on it so when he drove from the ramp he would grab the rope & drag it with him until he got to level ground, that was always good for a laugh or 2 !! I also saw boats come off the trailers before they got to the water, that cost big bucks in repairs ! I don't unhook until the motor is over/in the water.

Yes dont forget the plug heck to see a tackle box floating and then figure out its yours ...not alot of fun draining the boat before you fish and remember the plug ... and yes must fess it was me on a bad day of fishing :devil: