Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Fished out of Sandy after work this afternoon for about 2 hours, with lots of First's happening! This was the first trip on the lake with my 2 year old son Landon. Once we got to where we wanted to start setting up i told him to pick the First stick out. Before the secound line was in the water, the rod fires!!! He fought the fish with a little help and landed his First Brown with in the First minute!!! The moment i have waited for, for a long time! Next thing you no line starts screemin again, but we were snaged on bottum and turn back to get the lure back that we had just boated our nice brown on! (Always have more then one color!!) Finally get set up and i hear another screemin real! i thought we had another snag, but instead this time there is a fish flying out of the water behind the boat! Forsure got to be a stealhead i said. Runover to grab the rod and the reel just starts tearing line off it!! After a great battle that was not expected, landed a 12-13lb KING!!!! :D The First king of the year in March i love it. Ended up with just the 2 in 2 hours but probably the best 2 hours of fishing in my life!

Lanons_1st_brown_021.jpg

Lanons_1st_brown_022.jpg

Lanons_1st_brown_023.jpg

Matt

-Jakey Baby-

Great report!!! You're on the right path getting your little guy hooked on fishing early! Congrats on the memories you made with this trip.

Now, your next job with your little guy, is to work on casting and reeling. I recommend a few rounds of front porch fishing - like me and my grandson here...

ParkerAndPoppyFishing.jpg

That's awesome stuff! We'll be out for the first time this weekend, taking my 5 year old nephew along. He helped out a couple of weeks with some boat engine maintenance, and is all fired up about going in the boat fishing. I can't wait!!

Great report!!! You're on the right path getting your little guy hooked on fishing early! Congrats on the memories you made with this trip.

Now, your next job with your little guy, is to work on casting and reeling. I recommend a few rounds of front porch fishing - like me and my grandson here...

ParkerAndPoppyFishing.jpg

That picture in Black and White could be a Norman Rockwell ! Priceless!

Tom