2nd Chautauqua Tourney?

We had made a decision not to have the Chautauqua Fall Tourney this year,because of lower turn out the last two fall tourney's.I was getting responces like,early Sept was to close to the kids going back to school expenses and Oct was when the fishing action was heating up on other trophy muskie waters.So if we were to have a 2nd Chautauqua Tourney this year on July 21st or August 4th would there be enough interest to get a good field of fishermen? I have been hearing from a good number of fishermen that they want to see a 2nd Tourney this year.Would you join us? Are you joining us on June 23rd? Early signup would be at the June 23rd Tourney for the 2nd Tourney and there will be a good prize drawing for all that signed up then,that is if there is enough interest in having a 2nd Tourney.We would have to make this decision very quickly in order to get NY DEC Permit and to secure a location for the Tourney Awards Presentation.So based on feed back the next two weeks,we will make the decision.You can email me as well as posting here,[email protected] or call me at 716-432-0198.

I'm leaning toward July 21st because Three Rivers M.I. will already be there for the weekend and most will fish both Tourney's.The format would be the same as the June 23rd Tourney.For those who want to fish in a late October or early November Tourney when casting is best,we can have a toss in $20 get together with $15 going to payout and $5 going to Bait Fish Fund,a 3rd Tourney,but with only grilled hotdogs.I will make an anouncement over this coming weekend.

Larry Id be all for either date. The water temps are something to consider though as the other guys have mentioned already. I still say we all put together a fall tournement. I, as well as everyone else who posted already, would be perfectly fine with donating money to have even just a make-shift gathering/tourney! Other than grilled hot dogs we could all bring food items and beers for afterwards and that would be a blast I liked the fall tourney a lot last season (even though the june tourney felt just like fall weather). Lets get it in the works!

The 2nd Chautauqua Tourney will be July 28th and the Fall get together Tourney will be October 27th! More info coming by next week.

Due to Tax liability and I'm starting to collect Social Security for 2013,I can no longer carry the Tourneys and Bait Fish Fund on my taxes.

If we do not start a Muskie Club to collect & hold these funds,this will be the last year of Tourney's and the Bait Fish Fund will have final payout for 2013 bait fish purchase.So hopefully people will step forward and start a local Muskie Club.It is very important that we get a good turn out at the June 23rd & July 28th Tourneys,this will cover bait fish purchases for 2012 & 2013 between funds we have and will raise.After that No Club--No More Bait Fish Fund!