silver fish trolling speed

hey everyone. i have a question as to what trolling speeds and setups the silver fish on cayuga prefer. croc spoons sticks michigan stingers? i usually troll at 2 and a quarter mph with spin docs and flies and do well for lakers but dont catch silver fish too often. do they frequently get caught on spinnies and flies for that matter?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Mobile%20Device.png

I fish Seneca however, I do catch silver's on ff combos. But I like to run my spoons at 2.2-2.6 ball speed. I use mostly forms of flutter spoons. But for the silver's once the waters start to turn you have to put your gear where the temperatures are. I found that once I got a subtroll my silver catch rate increased phenomenally. Every boat fishes different and all people use different methods rather suits them and their fish catching. Just start playing and pay attention on here to what other people are doing. Also note some days that spoon will take shots one day20 foot off the ball and won't get touched until you change it to fifty the next....

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Good share of our trolling is in the winter! On Seneca we've had good results with fly/dodger combos at 2.2 ish MPH however we've done better on Cayuga with streamers at 2.8 to 3.2 so the jury is out it depends what you're dragging and whether it's on top or down! I run quite a bit faster fishing the surface!

Hope that helps

Start off around 2.2 down speed and go from there. I have done well between 2 and 2.8 during the summer, just depends what the fish want. Make sure the lures you are fishing are speed tolerant as you change your speeds. Follow LB88 suggestion on playing with your leads, sometimes the stealthier you run the more fish in the boat. Sometimes long leads is the key. And some times the SWR puts fish on the line when most others are being dragged behind the boat.