denver colorado sly fishing

well I will be in denver june5th-11th for my brother inlaws wedding the wife gave me the ok to bring my fly rod I am no pro when it comes to fly fishing I really just fish spring creek sandy creek and owaka (spelled wrong) I fish for browns mostly. I would love to go to colorado out on my own and get a brooke trout and some nice wild browns anyone ever been and have any pointers like what kind and size fly I might start with and maybe a good shop when I get there? and maybe the name of a small creek I can wade and fish?

I was out there in october to visit my girlfriend in Glenwood springs. Colorado river flows right through here. However, we went hiking and I didnt get to fish, but we did some scouting for our next trip next year. We went to Aspen and Basalt. Basalt has the perfect stream for you if you want to wade. The Frying Pan is beautiful. The CO river would be good to you too from shore if you looked at a map. Guided trips out there are really affordable. However, I really recommend a shop in Basalt which litterally has the Frying Pan right outside its window. The shop is Called Taylor Creek Fly Shop. I stopped in three seeperate shops, and this one is the best. I told them where I was from and they were real talkative and gave alot of ideas as to who and where to go. But while we drove along these streams, everywhere we went, I was able to watch people fight fish and land them. Also, if you have time, go to the Mountains in Aspen and visit Maroon Bells where you will find Maroon Lake! Beautiful fish everywhere!!

their site is www.taylorcreek.com

no, I think that will be light enough yet heavy enough to handle the slobs of the bows they have been getting. Check out that website! I follow some of the guides on facebook out there. They are posting daily giant fish...

Freeman. I lived and guided fly fishing in the Denver area for about 5 years. If you are going to be in Denver and want to wade fish, you will probably have only a few options as tthose dates may still be in spring runoff. It depends what the snowpack was like, but you will probably end up fishing the south platte right south of Denver. The upside is it is very accessible, the down side is its still in the city. Not some remote Colorado stream you would like to find. The platte is small enough in these areas for your 7ft rod, it's not the 4 wt that's the problem- its the length. Most western streams will be too technical to fish with a short rod. There are many fly shops in the metro area. I would try Trouts Flyfishing in Denver or Charlie's Flybox in Arvada. If you get lucky and the runoff is over, head to boulder and fish the canyon streams. It is the perfect setup for what you want. Good luck and if you need more info, let me know.