Trolling Greenhorn

Hi there, I'm new to the trolling scene for Salmon. a defenate greenhorn, and am looking for help.. I'm coming up the weekend after laborday and am launching out of port ontario.. I here the mouth of Salmon river is a good spot to troll but in what direction???? and How is a place called the trench ???? also Whats a good lure to start with J plugh or Flys??? and what's a good goto color ??? again any help would be greatly appreciated.... thanks

I will be up Sept 6,7,8,9 -- I am no expert by any means, but we do manage to do alright when were out. It seems to me the more info you can get out on the water can make the difference between a great day and getting skunked. I will be launching out of Oswego, but probably be up in that area at some point. Give me a call on the radio ch. 68 - Boats name Memory Maker (white and blue proline) or The Fat Bastards (Crew) or you can get a hold of me on my cell 484-239-3993

Chaz,

The area noted above is a good area to start. Sandy pond and the dunes are north of your launch site. I like it more out in front of the dunes. Flasher flie colors above are all geed, I have my best luck with green or a combo of green and white flashers. All flies with green in it seam to do good on my boat. The trench is very far north in the Henderson area where the St. Lawrence River leaves Lake Ontario.

Good luck

Richard