Total Boated:15

Species Breakdown: Browns

Hot Lure: spoons and sticks

Trolling Speed: 1.8-2.5

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 7-18

Lure Depth: 3-6

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS A rough start. We took a couple big waves over the bow on the way out. Fought with 3 footers most of the morning. ( Even fought through the queasy stomach) but the fish were on. Only set 6 rods and ran less most of the morning. Went about 15 for 20 with several doubles, in around three hours. Boards and riggers both were firing. As we headed in several boats were just heading out as the lake began to lay down. It certainly was worth battling the conditions in my 18' Lund Alaskan with Gary and Garret Plantz.

====================

mb_001.jpg

Nice bunch of browns!!! I've got an 18 foot Alaskan and know just what you mean!! The fun goes out for me when it gets that rough! I've taken a couple over the bow and that's not something I want to experience again. Big swell doesn't bother me but 2 footers are about my comfort limit especially when fishing alone.

I don't know if you saw it but here's a picture of a handrail I installed on my Lund. It's really added to my comfort level when setting riggers or netting fish..

DSCN1237.jpg

DSCN1238.jpg

Nice looking boat and interesting addition.. I have mine set up so I can convert it to a float boat for hunting ducks and it works great for fishing and hunting. Is that a 60hp and 8 hp Yamaha on the back? I have a 60 Mercury and a 9.9 Yamaha on mine.

Nice looking boat and interesting addition.. I have mine set up so I can convert it to a float boat for hunting ducks and it works great for fishing and hunting. Is that a 60hp and 8 hp Yamaha on the back? I have a 60 Mercury and a 9.9 Yamaha on mine.

Yeah its a regular 60 and a hi thrust 8 hp.

I bought this boat first and foremost as a duck boat. I hunt regular ducks and seaducks out of it and it works great. I've got a Mud buddy quick flip blind for it and a Lund dog dock. We also can pack my buddies layout boat into it and use the Lund as a tender and retrieving boat.

Here's a picture of the boat in ducking trim.

100_1007.jpg

Androscoggin1Custom.jpg

Sounds like we share the same passions. Since I retired from teaching I have been spending most days hunting and fishing or traveling . Recently returned from a photo safari in Tanzania and spent 20 days in an RV touring and fishing in Alaska with another couple in September. I feel like I'm living a dream!

Perhaps we can get together and share our interests sometime.

Sounds great Kevin! If you're interested in some eiders, Maine is definitely the spot and I can hook you up!

My main hunting buddy owns a big garden center on the coast and when he shuts it down in the fall, we hunt 4 or more days a week!!