I like to have about 1000 feet of line on my reels. I have had salmon tear off over 600 feet of line in the past and like to have some extra. Some of the reels will not quite fit it all but I figure I am well into the 900's.

Flea flicker line is oval in shape to halp stop the fleas from being able to hook onto it. I do not know its thickness in both dirrections.

30lb for Salmon i would run at least 1200 ft, you never no what can be at the other end!! I had a 27lb King hit a S/d fly combo off the ball 15ft and the fish never really truly stop till 850ft . What would a 40lb'er do..?? I would fill you reel to the max, givin you will cut and trim through out the season, plus the fuller your reel is the more line you will get back with each crank of the handle.

Matt

-Jakey Baby-

Im not a huge fan of the 30# ff. Because of its shape it tends to "lump" up on the reel and line capacity is an issue because it doesnt lay flat. I have also found it more prone to line twist. With that being said i love the 20#. Nothing will keep fleas off like ff line. Nothing. :yes: