Planer Boards

I have the otter boats they work great, Some guys dont like how much room they take up but there in the water most of the day anyways so for me being bigger is not a problem.

I just bought a walker dual planer board from gander for 60.00. looks like a good board you can run on either side. hope to try it out this weekend to see. I also have a set of super ski boards just single boards anybody know how these boards run

For the cost of a otter board I can buy a skillsaw, blade, lumber, paint, sand paper, and fasteners. The cost to me doesn't out weigh the benefits. My homemade boards pull hard enough to do what I want and are stable enough for me in rought water. I suggest starting out with homemades and moving up when and if you need too.

• 3 weeks later...

All I've ever used are OtterBoats. They've served me well so far, but I would think that homemades would work just as well. Mine were a gift, so cost wasn't a factor. If I had to get my own, I'd likely make them myself from any of the plans that are posted here on LOU. I already have the skillsaw, so I'd come out ahead on the $$$$ LOL