Hot Lure: Orange Jointed Rapalas and Green Michigan Stingers

Trolling Speed: 2.0-2.5

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 8-14

Lure Depth: 7 ft

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Lets start by saying there is nothing better than spending the afternoon fishing with your 8 year old and your Dad. My oldest son had been begging for a trip to Lake O for a while now and I felt like today would be the best time for him to come experience the Lake and boy was I right. Not only did he catch his first Brown but he ended up catching 7 and loosing 2 more. My Father who was on only his 4th trip to the lake ended up grabbing 6 fish too and I managed a couple myself including my first Lake O Atlantic which was about 21 inches. Unfortunately it came during one of several doubles and I quickly released it before getting a pic because my son was battling a nice Brown at the same time and I didnt want to kill the Atlantic so I let him go quickly. On top of several doubles we managed 3 successful triples which was total chaos to be honest with 2 lake rookies on board. :lol: Anyways it was my personal best day on the lake and I was so happy to share it with two very important people. Oh yea, and even thought I only landed 3 fish myself I did manage the largest at 10lbs 4 oz.

All in all, a great day for the memory bank....

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

Glad you were there with your family as the fish certainly were cooperative. It was really chaotic in the big seas in the morning and we sometimes only had a couple rods in the water.. It was just starting to lay down when we left about 1:00. I'm going to head down with my brother on Tuesday as the weather looks good. That one brown is a beauty. I've hit many more small fish this year than in the past.

Awesome! Great report. It is kind of funny how rare the atlantics are on Lake O. So much water for them. Down here on Seneca we see the slobs weekly. Its great that you got your first! Good job