Sandy Creek 8/20- AM report

Went out this AM- to fish the inside waters with a few friends from high school. Ended up 9 for 12. 6 big kings, 1 nice coho and 2 jacks. The kings ranged from 17 to 27 lbs.

Lost one really nice king in the mid 20s after it jumped about 5 times- right out of the water behind the boat. I have never seen a big king jump like that- it ended up wrapping the line around its body and broke off.

Really great morning on the water- we will be back out tonight

Way to go. Sounds like its getting back to normal. We trolled for almost 4 hours the other day with only one King, so I am getting pschyked for this weekend. I don't think I spelled that right but oh well. We'll probably see your boat out there. We'll be in a 17 Ft. Tracker trolling Dipseys. Good luck tonite. :D:D:D

Here is the PM report- went back out at 4:00 PM and fished the same areas as the AM. Ended up with 4 more big kings- ranging from 18 to 26 lbs; including one that was 45 inches long. Hit another low teens coho and broke off another large king.

Here are the day totals: 10 large kings all high teens/low to mid 20s. 2 coho- both around 10 lbs. 4 small kings

Best part is we only ran a 4 rod spread- and every rigger fired alot.

All in all- it was the best day we have had on the lake in a really long time. One of the guys that was on the boat is going to smoke a bunch of the fillets and his father wanted the skins for his taxedermy business.

I took a bunch of pics and will get them posted in a few days. We will be out both AM and PM until the derby ends. Good luck to you all!!!