Anyone have Sodus report?

Did anyone go out of Sodus? Think they going to have th docks in this week? I wasn't able to get out for the opening day shakedown. I needed to get a lot of stuff around the house done (gotta love the Honey-Do list.) haha

We went out of Sodus yesterday, went 3 for 4. All BT, one around 7 lbs.

Had to get in real tight to shore with the boards to get hit, and all 4 were on small jointed sticks. A lot of boat traffic.

We used the coast guard launch and dock, and others were using the Margaretta launch as well.

O so Margretta has docks in? That is where we normally launch out of but don't mind the coast guard station. When does the coast guard generally close their launch?

Coast Guard launch is usually open into late June.

And, we fished Sunday. Excellent numbers for us. We found the opposite of Skippers Trophy. We were running tight to shore and evedrything kept hitting on the outside, and when we made our turns. So we adjusted and trolled outside a little bit and found a good bite.

We also had a decent bite a bite on the outside. Launched at the coast guard launch. No issues.

Fire tiger anything in the green water.

RR

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Do you guys recommend a certain brand firetiger? I don't have any in my box but seem like I need to get a few.

Rapala F9 and F11. But they are getting$$$$, and they don't hold up that well. Thundersticks are good too and a little more durable and a little less $. I was running a 3.5" rebel minow in silver blue and it was firing regularly. I had not used that lure in at least five years but it was working well. Rapala hot steel has been very good too.

Ya I am a big fan of Storm lures I will pick a few up tonight.

Has anyone tried to the East towards East Bay or port bay?

I was thinking of heading out that direction but I can't argue of where we have been catching them. I could alwyas make the run all the way back but would like to save on gas and not have to burn up 20 gallons in gas.

The channel has been dug out at Port Bay, but neither north or south launch sites have their docks yet. You can still use the launches. The brown action has been pretty steady both east and west of the channel.

Jim

I think I would just run from sodus over to them. I just figured if I saw a lot of boats over by maxwell area then I would try the other direction to get away from the crowd.