Ohio spring Muskys

Dan.... I only own one 9" white pearl. How do I get my hands on some more before the PMTT this year? Do you make a 7.5" white pearl as well? Would like to start stocking up on some of those before I tell the wife how much money we get back from our tax return.... :lol::lol::lol:

Just let me know what you want Chad and I will hook it up , painting Pearl's today but having a hard time keeping them around for long. The 7.5" is ready for production but don't have the time to make them with the 9"er orders. As far as down sizing goes for spring time I strongly disagree or i should say the fish do! . I used to struggle in Ohio with the spring time fishing , mainly because I was going by the book and down sizing and going shallow this year I decided to do it my way(9" baits and bigger) and no more struggle. Give me a call when you get a chance so we can talk about that or get you down here for a little warn up for Cave Run.

2012 the year of the MUSKY !!!!! This season is off to a rip-roamin' start just hope it keeps going. My buddy Ed was the man of the day with his personal best of 46". Way to go EDDY!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: .Ed caught both of his fish on a 8" Strait Shooter in you guessed it Pearl White and I got mine on the Prowler 9.

P4140086.jpg

P4140089.jpg

P4140090.jpg

P4140093.jpg

Seriously what do we need to do to get the season opened up year round on our lakes that are stocked fisheries? Cassi, Bear, Chautauqua? It just really seems unreasonable that they are closed now and are bath water for a good portion of the season when they do finally open. Is anybody truly against opening the season year round or earlier on these bodies of water?

Rant over, sorry, Nice fish.

Seriously what do we need to do to get the season opened up year round on our lakes that are stocked fisheries? Cassi, Bear, Chautauqua? It just really seems unreasonable that they are closed now and are bath water for a good portion of the season when they do finally open.

I think you have a good point whistler. If it wasn't a stocked fishery, then I would be opposed to having it opened year round just to protect the spawn but the fact that is a stocked program combined with the fact that there are not a lot musky anglers relatively speaking to begin with and 90% of them practice catch and release - I see no real reason why NYS wouldn't open the season longer. I know I would have surely spent more money already by this time of year trying to keep up with Dan if the season was open. Instead I'm stuck spending it at a winery on the wife..... blahhhhhh.......

I think another good point is that if NYS had an open season right now, how much money would Dan and others like him have spent in New York instead of other states? I know a bunch of fishermen that would prefer to be fishing our waters...

--Joe

Well what needs to be done and how do we go about doing it. These are man made fisheries created for sport, why should they be wasted for months each year. Those small lakes would actually get utilized if they opened earlier before they boil in the summer heat.

Has this been discussed or attempted to be changed in the past? What are the hatchery's thoughts on such a change. The trib and lake salmonoid groups and bass anglers have been able to come together and make regs changes I really don't understand why an organized effort couldn't make this change happen. A catch and release musky season in STOCKED waters would be amazing in nys.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png