Depth Raider Probe Issues

Last year my DR started giving me the wrong Temp and Speed readings. I checked it against a couple different boats next to me and mine was WAY OFF. the question I have is can I have this serviced/repaired from the factory? has anyone else had an issue like this

MIKE

that sounds like a weak probe battery to me. I usually get a full season out of a probe battery on the DR and some times cheat a little into the following season. At some point in the next season the readings start to get screwy and that is when I notice the "lo batt" alert on the display. The unit will tell you when the probe battery is running out of juice. Change the probe batt and I'll bet you'll be good to go.

Tim

i tried 3 different batteries to make sure that wasnt the issue. I have a call in Curt to see what he thinks.

As a side note I was frantically looking for a spare because this was during the Fall LOC and Woody's Tackle in Port Ontario actually broke up a complete unit and sold me just the probe and said he would order a new probe to make the unit complete again. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE - NO ONE ELSE would do this for me :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Like the others said. Call Curt. He's a great guy to talk to and genuinely concerned if you have an issue with your DR. I talked to him 3 or 4 times last year when I started losing signal. Long story short I sen my probe in at the end of the season. We never could pin point what the reason was after various trouble shooting options. I got a brand new replacement probe in the mail today. They stand behind their products.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

• 3 weeks later...