Rubber bands

How do you guys get the rubberbands to break on lighter fish. We ended up dragging some fish until they finally broke the rubberband with us ripping on the pole. I use the red rubber bands from Weldon.

how are you rigging the rubberbands? are you half-hitching the band around your line and then using a shower curtain hook or similar? A fish will not always break the band (or any pinch pad release) you have to watch the line closely and will see a "shaker" then you just point the rod tip towards the release, reel in any slck line and pull towrds the back of the boat to snap it

We get our rubber bands from staples. We use #16. We wrap the line 3 times and then put the loops on each end in a small snap clip or carabiner, dont have many issues. As said above watch the rod tips, you can usually spot a shaker on the line if you load your rods good.

I wrap the rubber band around the line 3 times then put 1 loop thru the second loop. I then take the remaining loop and connect it thru a shower curtian ring.

I was trying to break the band by yanking across the boat instead of to the back. That makes sense. Wow what was I thinking?

[ Post made via iPod ] iPod.png