Got on the water by 6 am, went out to 70 fow and set up, trolled due north.. Hit our first fish in 200 fow 30 down on a nk28 Green Glow Frog, king. Hits came 30, 40, 50, 60 in the morning, and the more it got light out the deeper they went. picked at them till 11am when it got too rough for us and we went in. ended the day 6 for 11, (2) 10 lbs coho, and a 25 lb king being the biggest all fish returned to the lake to fight another day. That 25 lbs king ended up breaking the drag on one of my Okuma reels after it striped out 500 feet of line had to use my thumb to slow him down and some good boat driving to make up some line. Had a great time, as always. Saw quit a few boats out there most staying in shallower like 100 fow, had one boat out where we were.

Woody5442

Gambler,

You know for my first season on the lake, they were a good deal, got 4 rods and 4 reels for 150, couldnt really pass it up... yey I am going to get rid of the reels and go to diwa reels, everyone uses them and they are not that expensive.. I am going to contact Okuma tomorrow and see what they want to do about it. Thanks for the advice any advice on what Diawa to go to.

Woody5442

If you buy the Diawa's I recommend the Sealine SG47LCA's. I had some of the Accudepths and did not like them as much as the Sealines (the drag does not seem as good). The Shimano Tekotas are nice but out of my price range. I have been running the Sealines for years and they have been very dependable. Good luck.

Woody I had those Magdas but they cost me a couple of fish because of the drags so I ditched them and have surfed ebay looking for decent used reels.....I have a bunch of older Daiwas and Penn 320 GTI's..... Very nice and no problems........Woody.

I run 2 Okuma Convector 30DLX on my riggers and haven't had a bit of a problem with them for 3 years. The drags are great, no creep at all, and hold up fighting fish. I was told at the time to stay away from the Magdas and I'm glad I did.

I would stay away from the Accudepth's also. The drags are terrible compared to my old 47's. The other day I started to reel in a king and the line guide popped off the reel. It hit my foot and I was looking all around as the fish started taking more line, finally I found it, snapped it back on and reeled in the fish. If I get more reels they are going to be the Sealines.

Hey guys, Daiwa scrapped the Accudepths and came out with the Accudepth Plus this year. They have the same guts as the Sealine, just in a lower priced body. I got 4 this year to retire some old GL47 LC's and they have been great. Cant beat em for 49 bucks.

Tim