Does anyone know if a Alabama Rig is legal on Lake Ontario? and if so has anyone tried it for browns in the spring?

I'm going to horse around with those this year, a little later.

this alabama rig keeps coming up i am from bama and get up their to fish if points are a problem the rig is run without hooks on all but the center rig wich is longer than the rest and has the kook can you imagine 5 hooks and a angry king in the net all the time poor hands will take an ass wooping godd luck on your season 8)

Experimented with an umbrella rig on Seneca ~30 years ago... limited results using straight wire and downriggers (a couple 6-7 lb LT). Could have been a NQO problem though

I fished with a friend on erie 2 years ago he ran an umbrella rig with bare spoons when we stopped catching fish put it out on a dipsy two out of three lines on that side of the boat fired within 15 minutes.

Back in the Mid 80's I started running the smallest Tuna spreaders I could get (From Offshore Angler). I'd wire a small dodger in the middle of the spreader, and then run hook-less flies or squids on the spreaders, and run a hooked fly or squid off the small dodger about 30 inches back of the dodger. Did well on Lake trout ....and in the fall just clobbered the kings on them on some days. You had to experiment...because some days as you all know...this put too much comotion in the spread.

But it was cool to see this thing catch fish...and some days it really paid off. I still have a few of those spreaders left laying around. Might try them again soon.