Hemlock Bows

Ran 6 rods yesterday with a buddy of mine out on hemlock lake. (His first time fishing for coldwater species). Put one off each rigger with spoons at 4 and 8 feet down and ran a planar off each side with 2 lines each pulling sticks mainly 4 inch rapalas for browns hanging out near shore. About an hr in with no fish one off the right planar bard releases fired out and line started screaming. After a good 5 minutes I dipped the net in and pulled up the biggest bow i have ever seen come out of the fingerlakes. I forgot my scale but estimated it at a solid 10 to 11 pounds. I've caught big steels out of Lake O but as far as a bow goes (I know theyre basically the same thing but i dont want to have that argument right now) It's the biggest i have ever seen. Is this normal for the smaller finger lakes like Canadice and Hemlock. Biggest ones I've caught out of there are usually 3 to 4 pounds. Ive gotten 12 pound browns and big lakers but never a bow like that. Anyways my buddies first big Bow let alone cold water species produced the biggest smile i have ever seen on someone after pulling in that first trout. I think it's safe to say i got a fishing partner everytime i bring the big boat out or cruise around hemlock/canadice in the 16 footer.

Ssswwweeeeet! Yea, steeliness (bows) get that big in the fingers...even bigger. And that includes the smaller "fingers". Both of those lakes are deep, with spring fed waters and plenty of food. Hemlock has big lots of fish, including both cold and warm water species. Can't wait for the photos.....And 'twas a great story, too!

do to mechanical trouble i had to switch out from a 40hp to a 7.5 hp motor this year the most exciting part about that is now i can fish hemlock and canadaice with the wind thats predicted this weekend i may not be able to fish browns on lake O and that means i'll be on hemlock. bright side to every story right

Nice!! that fish must be gorgeous!!

Years ago a guy at the north end had a huge male bow in a cooler he showed me.. Caught it on a big fly just drifting along mid

lake casting. the fish was 12lbs, he was headed to the taxidermist.. ;)

I still think the state record walleye lerks

get em now before it shuts down after the warm up