sub troll problems need help im heading lake ontario saturda

Make sure all the wires are hooked up, and securely plugged into the back of the head unit. And make sure you don't have a blown fuse.

One last thing, the unit will not turn on until it's in the water. You can even put it into a bucket of water to get it to turn on.

If you can't get it to work before you come up it's not a deal breaker. I won't run my probe until until I move out deeper to fish for salmon. If you are going to come and fish browns you won't be fishing deep enough to need the probe in the water. Besides, you stand a chance at getting the probe hung, and loosing it, in shallow water fishing for browns.

if you have power to the display unit, on the display you will see a small dot/period where your speed and temp will be displayed if you dont get that your unit has no power ( doesn't need to be in water to see this). If you do see that then the problem is power to the probe, or connection from the probe. change probe batt, check antena, put in bucket of water. If you dont get temp displayed then take cable off and make sure your cabel is cleaned off 8ft at end and in contact with rigger. That is if you have cannons with the short stop.