Species Breakdown:18 Browns

Hot Lure: Challenger & Rapala Stickbaits

Trolling Speed:1.8 mph

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 10-15 fow

Lure Depth: 2-5 feet

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Was able to get out on main lake finally thanks to wind calming down a bit for my second day of my rookie trip for browns. It took me a little while trolling and changing lures and depth to get into fish. Then we found them in a specific area east of the chute in semi-stained water. The fish were running fairly nice at 4-8 pounds. Thanks to all the friendly fishing advice from the local fisherman. My buddy and I are hooked on browns!

====================

Ontario_022.jpg

Elevatorman,

I'm not familiar with those names but I'm sure I fished in the general vicinity. I noticed one boat hang right around the chute entrance area and never venture far from it. I was later told at Screwy Louies they did real good right there. I drove past that spot due east and went to work outside the first bluff and caught most of our fish by the third bluff.

You guys will love it. She is one hell of a good boat. Ask your dad, we took her out for browns. We only caught 1 but we tried her out in some 3 ft waves. I will miss her. I guess I'll see you all Friday. I hope you all slay the fish and have fun.

Dave Hyde

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Hey Beef300 when you get that Lund post a picture with a fish in hand of course! We stayed at Screwy Louies also. Small cottages but clean and serve the purpose. Just wish they had a kitchen with a stove. Only a microwave. I might check out the Little Sodus Inn for a future stay. :beer::yes:

Hey Beef300 when you get that Lund post a picture with a fish in hand of course! We stayed at Screwy Louies also. Small cottages but clean and serve the purpose. Just wish they had a kitchen with a stove. Only a microwave. I might check out the Little Sodus Inn for a future stay. :beer::yes:

know your talking :yes:

I see the gills are slit and they're gutted. Do you do that on the lake and run them in the water for a few minutes or just toss them in water in a cooler, then drain the water?