Loading Dipsey Wire

Doesn't look to portable though :lol: Good idea !!! :yes::yes: how bad does the car skip? :lol: Its always a stinker to get it on good and tight by yourself. That looks like it did the job..

The last time I spooled wire I just gave the spool to my son and told him to take a walk to the end and then I reeled him back in. Nothing like a 120 pound weight to get it back on tight and all is straight so no chance for kinks.

Very nice. That should do the job.

I've always just gotten it spooled as tight at I can in initially and then first trip out I'll head out over deep water put on a pound ball and let it all out behind the boat and reel it in tight with the pound ball.

Tim

I did the same yesterday, using a dipsy with the release set heavy. Made me a little nervous running 950 ft of wire out behind the boat on I Bay but there weren't many boats out.

Yes to removing the whole assy. How tight you screw the lagbolt in to the post against the spring, dictates the amount of drag tension it applies against your retrieve. I adjusted it till it felt about like pulling a dipsey in untripped.