Amish Outfitter Planer boards

Ive been looking at buying these. I see they come in plastic or redwood. is there any difference in the 2 besides 10 dollars? Also Do these boards fold up or collapse in anyway? I dont care if they dont collapse but I think I would like it if they did because my last set of boards didnt collapse and they got bent and didnt run right then I destroyed them today. Is anyone running these boards using the shock absorbers that amish outfitters sells for them?

I just got a set of the redwood boards. They fold up nice and look well made. I did see on there web site they say there plastic ones pull harder. Not sure my mast could take much more..lol

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

yes I've had the redwood boards for years and they are AWESOME. They pull harder and better than any board I've ever seen, including the modified otters (sorry otterboat fans, it's the truth).

I finally installed Cicso electric planer reels to make reeling them in easier, it was a challenge with hand crank reels.

I have both the 500lb test spectra tow line and the board snubbers from Amish as well. The snubbers do seem to take some of the stress off.

with as hard as the redwood boards pull, I wouldn't even want to try the plastic ones.

As mentioned above, they collapse nicely for storage.

Tim

I think ill go with the red wood boards and snubbers. I really like that they fold up because my homemade ones didn't fold up and took up a lot of room and ultimately paid the price. How do these boards hold up in turns my inside board always stalled out on a big turn/ turn around or in biggeer waves didn't work for crap.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Tim,

just bought a set of the AO boards and was going to pull them off my bow rail. Where do you pull yours from? My rail is about 4ft off the water. Do you think that will be high enough.

Total Chaos

Bow rail may not be sturdy enough. You need some serious consideration for backing plates and hardware because these boards soak water and are heavy pullers.

Tim,

just bought a set of the AO boards and was going to pull them off my bow rail. Where do you pull yours from? My rail is about 4ft off the water. Do you think that will be high enough.

Total Chaos

Brian, I run mine off the front of the grab rails on the top of my hardtop with the reels mounted on the side posts of my rocket launcher at the back of the hardtop.

P4120008.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

If I didn't have that option I'd have a mast up front. Personally I'd still have the reels mounted where they are, since my bow is not all that easily accessible.

Tim

Matthew,

The redwood boards sit pretty low as well, so I added flags to em. I went to Tractor Supply and got a pack of metal stemmed, fluorescent red surveyor flags to add to the boards to make them more visible. It was like 8 bucks for a 100 pack, so I'm pretty much set for life :)

Tim

I have the redwood boards from AO as well as the 500lb spectra line, these are the standard boards everyone uses on erie, you see ZERO otter boats on Erie we call them junk down here and I'm actually surprised anyone even runs them up there to be honost.

I added flags to mine as well.

Best built boards you can buy, some of my friends have the white AO boards, they work great too but you better have a serious mount for your mast and have Cisco motors cause you'll burn up your big jons in a hurry my buddy blew up his plastic reels as well while running weed wacker line from it getting wound so tight had to go to Cisco reels as well.