Fish Finder under $1000

S * K

Ok, I know this is a heated topic I would like to buya new graph and I am undecided on Lowrance or Hummingbird. I own 2 boats one 17 foot and one trolling 21 foot. I am going to get 2 setups to use the same graph on both boats. I spend most of my time fishing for salmon but also do some bass and walleye. I seem to be inbetween more functions with a smaller screen or more screen less tools. I have been leaning on the hummingbird either 798(5in) with side scan or 858 (7in) without it but I also like the lowrance 5(in) elite. I don't know anyone who has the side scan to see if they really like it or not or if its worth it.

Any help would be welcome and or if any other Finders are the market that you think worthy let me know.

Well when I go off shore it is deeper than 300 however I really only look at the top 50ft. I know some graphs get crazy when you go over the max depths. Buddy has an Eagle and its useless unless you lock it out with the zoom over I think 300ft.

Thats a new one for me Furuno is a new one I will check them out I know that they are heavy salt water but I don' hear much up here. I did check reeds out again and Lowrance has a $300 rebate on the HD 5. I am just hung up on the screen size compared to the 7 inch screen. Really the 5 is more in my budget however.