LL salmon ???

Keuka if you don't want to catch any :yes: none in Canandaigua, Owasco got a few that were left over from the hatchery I caught one on Owasco years ago.

Caught a decent number (and good looking ones) on Keuka. Just gotta know where to find them. Keuka does have its issues thought. Seneca and Cayuga are better just from the sounds of reports.

WOW thanks alot guys we will be out there this coming weekend for a Monday charter on the big lake and to look around the fingers a little I do appreciate all the feed back now all I have to do is retire and be able to fish all the time. :yes::yes::yes:

BARRY

I have heard rumors??gotta see one from there dude. never caught one or seen a pic.... not in gtreat numbers for sure

Its stocked annually with 4000+ fish (or last time i checked.) I have personally caught a few small ones (10-14" although not in recent years) and have seen bigger come through the ice.

Closer to 30 yrs clarkie......,bout 15 yrs ago almost any cayuga ll made a seneca ll blush..and it was nuttin to get 20-- 7 to 10 lbrs on a watermelon color rubber jig and light tackle ,or trollin....then 10 yrs ago the cayuga fish found the underground river from cayuga to seneca...

You are right about the 30 years, Ray..

It was in the early 80s that we were catching 20 to 30 LLs and browns per morning on Keuka casting hair jigs on light spinning gear.

That was fun... I have a picture taken the morning that Bruce Davis caught the NYS record ( for then) brown just off Cold brook on a hair jig.

The finger lakes have more than L.L. salmon to offer. Some big browns.lakers, northern pike, bass, panfish and so on. The finger lakes are over shadowed by the great lakes but when you get down to it the fish that we catch are world class. I thank my lucky stars I live so close. Wes

lol...ssafran..that blue boat doesn't count, huge fish jump in that rig outta Hemlock.

Love to see some pics of the LL's outta Hemlock. seems they woul be easier to catch than even the lakers or browns, like in Cayuga

Hopefully I'll get over there this summer.