Oak getting Steelhead Tuesday

Anyone available and who would like to help we will be receiving our steelhead tomorrow at 1:00PM at the usual place Lake Breeze Marina.

See you there.

Bob

Bob,

You may want to see if you can take your direct stocked bows also from D.E.C. if you can. And put them in your king pens for as long as possible. You may not see king frey for at least 1-2 MORE weeks and the size/quality this year is not going to be good. ANOTHER reason why D.E.C. is NOT fin clipping/tagging kings this year- UNDERSIZED !!!

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Should have known when they were all too eager to use the quick warm up as an excuse to not pen the Kings. The recent reversal back to normal temps and cold nights has certainly thrown a wrench in that plan. The tiny, sub par fingerlings would have been slid out the pipe, "out of sight, out of mind."

It is even more critical that the fingerling Kings get penned, if in fact your concern is a vibrant, successful Chinook Salmon fishery.

After a recent meeting where I learned just how much the Lake O fishery is driving fishing license sales in NY, I think we should put target species boxes on the license apps. Then the evidence would be even clearer, why a car or tow vehicle full of anglers would endure a welcome of toll booths, and higher gas taxes to bring their hard earned dollars to our southshore.

I'm still having trouble accepting the egg eyeing difficulty at Altmar last fall, when it was only 4 yrs ago they were caught without a contingency plan for low, warm, water. This is bad enough, but whenever the subject of additional hatcheries being used to prevent all "the eggs from being kept in one basket", it is shot down. ????

Thanks again to all the pen coordinators and volunteers. It matters.