Line for downrigger rod

I have a 8'6in downrigger rod. I am wondering what type of line I should use for using on a rigger. I thnk I should use 30 to 20 pound line but am not sure if I should use braided, floral carbon or something else. Thanks!

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I agree with the maxima line a little pricey but will get you through a whole season of hard fish fighting ... but i am afraid it wont do much for you after the fleas take over of course 30 lb mono dosent work as good as it once did .. at least with wire you can rub the fleas on it and cut them off /// or just stop fishing the first part of june cant wait to see what the next pain in the ass is they dump in the lakes from over seas .. at least we never get bored always something trying to ruin the fishing on the big o and finger lakes :(

A few of us have been running Ande Pink 30lb for years. We like it and I think it has a good rep. Does well against fleas. For a service spool of 3200yds is $70 verses Maxima at 2700yds for $100. I know one I have tried and disliked was trilene big game.My 2 cents

EBay has a great deal on a 2630 yard service spool of chameleon red for $69.99 with free shipping. This is what i have on my downrigger rods for Salmon. 30# on the mono dipseys for early season. Better hurry, its worth it if you have alot of rods to put line on

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maxima-20-lb-Mono-Red-Chameleon-2630-Yards-NEW-/320865237961?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab50efbc9