I-Bay Channel

I have not been down to the pierheads this season, but with the boat going in this weekend, I wanted to hear a report on the channel depth and situation. Heard rumors that it is very washed in.

It's only about 4 feet between the pierheads, deepest to port if you're headed out. It gets shallow fast to starboard - we hit silt last weekend & had to raise the outboard in an 18ft Starcraft.

It always washes in on the east pierhead. With a bigger boat you need to stay midchannel and to the west pierhead, but you wouldn't see anything less than 6' by Labor Day... that's a big concern if there's no more than 4' in those areas right now.

Hans,

Last Saturday morning, the sandbar was high on the right side of the inlet as you enter the lake from the bay. I want to say there is about 3 feet of water. I will be very careful to stay away from that right lane.

I did not want to start anything to do with negative post especially this is the beginning of spring! One a$$ h0le has decided to run his bass boat from behind my boat in the channel. As a result of his boat passing my boat in the channel, the resulting wake lifted up my boat then my outboard hit the sand bottom. I was fortunate that there was no damage to my prop. I will not hesitate to approach this stupid guy to teach him a lesson. That is to be courteous to other boaters.

Best of luck on 2012!

Anthony