Decking Replacement - Boat Rebuild

carpedium

While carousing at the Home Deepockets store, there is available a water resistant decking material that installs like a Pergo Type floor. Any thoughts?

I saw that stuff too! Well, you could be talking about two different things 1) composite decking or 2) the actual indoor product that is kind of rubberized locking boards.

My concerns:

- The composite decking is way heavy for a standard marine installation.

- It is still very costly.

- Neither of the surfaces offer very good footing with fish slime smeared on it. In fact, My floor with the rubber dust is just abraisive enough to get a little footing in that case.

- The pergo type stuff would still get water/ice heaving between it and the decking, or between it and itself should the boat be stored below freezing in the winter.

There is this marine vinyl stuff that people do like, i think its called nautlex or something like that.

• 6 months later...

Well - with some decent temps this week its time to get her back into shape for the upcoming season. Will be working on putting the power Tilt/Trim assembly in this week/weekend since I ordered a new hydraulic motor. I have some pro-troller smart tabs on order - the boat trolls decent slow, but when you get a stiff wind and you are tying to troll with it, forget about it. Hopefully these pro-trollers will work well for that. They are also supposed to help with porpoising, which the boat can certainly do - even though I think most of that issue was no TnT. 

Other than that I ordered a new trailerable cover, spare coil, and a new voltage regulator since the one on the motor is slightly out of spec. Also have to get my planer mast set up for the first time since the rebuild! 

Anyone else getting their stuff ready for spring?

I hitched a lift with Matt last season.  He did a great job on his boat!

I'm looking forward to getting together more this season. With the additions I am working on it will be that much better!

• 4 months later...