Sandy 9/2/07 - AM report

Hi all.

Decent morning out on the big pond. :) FISHING AGAIN? & myself ran a 3 wire rod set up and went 3 for 6. We did 3 kings, the biggest just over 20#. All in 85-100 FOW. Wire out 100' on 0 setting & out 180 on 3 setting. GPS read 2.6/7 mph.

White/pearl e-chip w/white mirage fly was the hot rod. It caught 2, had 1 drop, and then had the fly "stolen" by another - at the end of the trip we brought the rigs in only to find the fly gone. A bite off? :?

In all we had 3 drops :( after only having 1 the entire year between the 2 of us. What's up with that? The drops all came in the shallower water around 70-80' range, maybe small browns?

The 3 kings all came before 8:00 am, and the 3 drops between 8 & 9am, then nothing for the final hour before packing it up about 10:00am to do the "family thing".

Well enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend all. The derby winning fish is still out there - someones got to top a 31#er.

GOOD LUCK ALL!

LTtroller

(Bob)

Glad to hear you did well out there. We heard on the radio that a good number of guys did well early then the bite shut down at 8am or so.

We had a similar morning, a nice steady pick of kings from 6-8 am then just a few hits after that.

My son landed a 25+ pounder, caught off the rigger in 95 FOW, 45 down on a NK firetiger spoon, running 20 feet off the ball right around 6:30am. I went to clear the other rigger to get him room to fight the king and hooked up with a small 20" king, Glow frog NK 50 down. Alex got worn out from the 25 pound fish so dad had to give an assist for the last 50 feet of line and net the king.

Two more small kings - 20-25", maybe 5-7 pounds, or so off the riggers in 90-100 FOW 40 down, one on a NK NBK glow green and the other on the glow frog.

one 5 lb rainbow off the rigger 35 down in 90fow, habenero behind a wonderbread LJ dodger.

The wire dipsys were silent all morning, till 8 am, then we had two nice screaming runs on a white SD with a white echip fly, out on a 3 setting 120 feet, in about 80 FOW. no one home after a few shakes and runs.

we washed lures from 8-10, nothing but a blank screen.

All in all it was better than mowing the lawn...

Mike

Ltroller, don't feel too bad, it happens. How would you like to be us yesterday? 2 for 10! :lol: All kings. 40-50fow w/ divers out 40-50' and riggers down 25-35'. Silver j's and mag spoons. Only one fish w/ the s.d./fly. We all needed anti-depressants after that. :shock: We'll be out mon. morn. Good luck.

Mike-

Nice job w/ the 25lber. The boy must have had a ball with it. :D

I guess it pays to be out there early. Catching a few kings makes getting up at 4:30am well worth it. And is definetly better than mowing the lawn. :lol:

Scott-

All I can say is OUCH! :P I guess I don't feel that bad after all. :)

Having the action is great, but not landing the fish is frustrating. Better luck to you today.

I was just gonna post the :?: of when people start to run J's but I see you are now. Is it a water depth (shallower fish) thing or time of year (staging) thing?

GOOD LUCK ALL!

LTtroller

(Bob)