Large lake sturgeon found on Hilton beach

I bet that taxidermist is loving having that in their freezer! :lol:

Don't worry, my uncle isn't complaining at all and neither am I! Maybe cause we're getting a couple reproductions for it. One for the customer and one for my showroom ;) Measures in just a touch over 60". D.E.C. clipped a fin for some studies and after the mold for the repro is made they are getting the carcass back for more tests!

This guy seems to have a knack for "catching" odd fish. Today I came in from fishing out front of Sandy creek and needed a hand getting my boat on my trailer with the winds whipping and Mr Johnston was fishing from the dock and offered a helping hand :clap: . After he had helped me I look up and he's got a fish on. I get out from my boat to off him a hand and he pulls a dog fish :o up onto the ramp. I wasn't positive that it was a dog fish having never seen one in person so I took a picture and sent it to Brian Gambler since I knew he was close by in case non of us was sure.

He had asked me if I had seen the article but hadn't but then saw it on here.

IMG_1167_1.jpg

Tough fish and sharp teeth too :o

This guy seems to have a knack for "catching" odd fish. Today I came in from fishing out front of Sandy creek and needed a hand getting my boat on my trailer with the winds whipping and Mr Johnston was fishing from the dock and offered a helping hand :clap: . After he had helped me I look up and he's got a fish on. I get out from my boat to off him a hand and he pulls a dog fish :o up onto the ramp. I wasn't positive that it was a dog fish having never seen one in person so I took a picture and sent it to Brian Gambler since I knew he was close by in case non of us was sure.

He had asked me if I had seen the article but hadn't but then saw it on here.

IMG_1167_1.jpg

Tough fish and sharp teeth too :o

Bow bow wowwow bowfin! :rofl:

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png