pancake weights

Thinking about using pancake weights on our boom riggers, but I have never used them. Couple of questions; 1) How far to the side will pancake weights track versus finned weights? 2) Will 10lb pancakes have too much blow back? Also considering torpedo weights, have never used them either..

Any suggestions are appreciated.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Personally, from experience, i'd go with the torpedo weights. I've used the 15.5# ones from A-TOM-MIK for a few years and have had no issues of blowback or the torpedo running from side to side. They also have 13#rs. Id say don't waste your money on pancakes and just get the torpedoes

Fred

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Pancakes do work great for achieving greater separation of your downriggers. How much? Its all relative to haw deep they are. Dont expect anything crazy but they can double your separation vs standard weights. I used them up until i started fishing 2 divers on one side then i switched back to standard finned weights. Blow back is no different then standard finned weights either.

Get ready for awesome tangles . The pancakes wander all over . I have two 13 # pancakes that haven't been wet in three years . I used then for one season and hated them . there is less blow back . but the wander , especially in cross currents cured me . Back to 12 and 15 # finned weights for me.